HypnoBirthing® Childbirth Educators Training
HypnoBirthing® Childbirth Educators are forwarding the message of calm and gentle births in over 46 countries throughout the world.
Becoming a HypnoBirthing Educator will add a whole new dimension to your life. Today, more than ever before, people are attracted to the HypnoBirthing Childbirth Educator Certification program because of the satisfaction that teaching this program and working with young families is bringing into their lives. An even greater attraction for educators is seeing the impact that the HypnoBirthing philosophy of calm and gentle birthing is having on a large majority of women who are coming to realise that birth is about them and their babies. Through weekly pre-natal classes, instructors are helping families to reclaim birth as their own.
Join our passionate team of New Zealand HypnoBirthing Childbirth Educators providing childbirth education and techniques to families for a calm and gentle birth experience and a positive journey into parenthood.
Who would be interested in training as a HypnoBirthing® Childbirth Educator? :-
Hypnotherapist, Midwife, Doctor, Doula, Healthcare Provider, Childbirth Educator, Massage Therapist, Yoga Instructor, HypnoBirthing Mum & all others with an interest in maternal health & birthing.
This event is approved as continuing midwifery education by the Midwifery Council.
The course consists of 3 components:-
1. Birthing Basics – Home Study
2. Introduction to Hypnosis for Birthing – 1.5 days face to face training
3. Educator Certification Workshop – 2.5 days face to face training
The course is a four day, two part Childbirth Education Programme.
Segment One: Introductory Prerequisites
Hypnosis for Birthing
- Applications of hypnosis
- Attitudes about hypnosis
- Basics of brainwave activity
- Laws of the mind
- The Rationale for hypnosis in birthing
- Understanding clients’ learning styles
- Direct and permissive hypnosis approaches
- Dangers of unqualified therapy
- Steps to achieve hypnosis
- Mind/Body associations and applications
- Judging trance depth
- Guidelines for achieving change
- Eye fixation/closure
- Elman • Ericksonian • Shanti leads
- Deepening techniques
- Post-hypnotic suggestions
- Alerting Styles
Birthing Basics ~ for persons with no birthing qualifications
- The Beautiful Female Birthing Body
- Anatomy of The Female Reproductive System
- Conception and Early fetal development
- Characteristics of the Uterus
- The Baby’s Support System:
- Three Trimesters of Pregnancy
- Physical Changes during Pregnancy
- Foetal Positioning during Pregnancy
- Turning Breech Presented Babies
- Labour Signals: Normal, Unanticipated
- Characteristics of Managed Labour
- Characteristics of HypnoBirthing® Labour
- The Onset of Labour
- Foetal Positioning during Birth
- Labour Stages As Defined in Typical Birthing
- Labour as Defined in HypnoBirthing®
- Mother Directed Birthing
Segment Two: Educator Certification
- Philosophy and Beginnings of HypnoBirthing
- How the Uterus Works in Birthing
- What’s Wrong with Labour
- How Fear Affects Labour
- The Origin of Fear and Pain in Labour
- Prenatal Bonding and Fetology
- Selecting Care Providers
- Preparing the Mind for Birth
- Hypnosis Deepening and Visualization
- Releasing Fear
- Preparing the Body for Birthing
- Building a Partnership with Care Providers
- Turning Breech-Presented Babies
- Looking at the “Estimated Due Date”
- Avoiding Artificial Induction
- Preparing Birth Preference Sheets
- How the Body Prepares for Birth
- The Onset of Labour
- Perinatal Bonding
- Breathing Through Labour
- Breathing with Birth
- Bonding with Baby
You will receive the current Institute approved materials at the beginning of your course, including manuals, books, audio’s & visual materials & other materials. Once you have completed the course you are required to submit a review on each segment undertaken, write a book review & complete a case study. Once your reviews & case study have been satisfactorily completed and marked you will gain your certification.
There are annual re-certification requirements, please see – https://us.hypnobirthing.com/recertification-requirements/
Once you certify you will be invited to join the International Educators facebook group & the New Zealand Educators facebook group. Support will also be available through the HypnoBirthing Institute and your trainer.
When is the next course?:-
Course dates : 2nd – 5th November 2021
Introduction to Hypnosis for Birthing 1.5 Days – Instructor: Stephanie Rowe
HypnoBirthing Childbirth Educator Certification 2.5 Days – Instructor: Stephanie Rowe
Where is the next course?
Online – attend from the comfort of your own home
Introduction to Hypnosis for Birthing + HypnoBirthing® Childbirth Educator Certification Investment :-
Early Bird $2295 due by 1st October 2021
Full price $2445 due by 22nd October 2021
Birth Basics (home study programme) :- $275
B-Backs for HypnoBirthing® Educator Certification: A nominal charge of $150 applies.
Host a course & receive your training at a reduced rate – conditions apply
New educators training in Auckland ~
For further information contact Stephanie on (03) 3848506 or 021 313 161.
*Please email before registering for the course to ensure there will be a place available for you as places are limited. Also please ensure you are familiar with the terms & conditions before submitting your registration form.
Terms & Conditions
A $295 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your place.
The following refund policy applies –
The deposit & Birth Basics home study are non-refundable.
For cancellations within 4 weeks of the start of the course a 75% refund will be given.
For cancellations, with less than 2 weeks, before the course starts no refund will be given, you may however be able to transfer your fee to a future course. This may incur a further fee at the time if course materials have changed.
We reserve the right to alter dates and venues.
By submitting this form I confirm my understanding and acceptance of the Terms & Conditions.
HypnoBirthing® Training Registration Form